The purpose of the New Mexico Wing Civil Air Patrol Inspector General Program is to:
· Guarantee the Wing has responsive inspection and complaint programs characterized by objectivity, integrity, and impartiality.
· Contribute to an atmosphere of trust within the Wing by ensuring issues are identified objectively, investigated fully, and resolved completely without retaliation or fear of reprisal.
· Address concerns of Wing members through objective fact-finding.
· Recommend changes to Wing policies to promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness, where appropriate.
· Assist commanders in promptly identifying and objectively resolving problems affecting Wing missions.
· Advise commanders of the need to correct systematic, programmatic, or procedural weaknesses and ensure resources are used effectively and efficiently.
· Enhance openness and approachability by briefing the Wing Inspector General Program at Wing conferences, commander’s calls, staff meetings, and other gatherings of personnel where briefings would be appropriate.
· Educate Civil Air Patrol members and commanders regarding the privileges and protection for those contacting the Inspector General.
· Make sure the Wing Inspector General, inspector general staff members, and investigating officers are trained to conduct thorough and unbiased inspections, investigations, and assessments.
· Ensure the personal behavior of personnel assigned to the Wing Inspector General Program are above reproach.
· Make certain personnel assigned to the Wing Inspector General Program avoid self-investigation and the perception of self-investigation.